Monday, January 26, 2004

Campaign Hijinks

Free Republic poster, Deep Freep, goes to a Weasley Clark rally:
All the usual suspects were there. The pro-choice crowd was putting stickers on anyone that would let them. Of course, I think Wes's stance on that allows the mother the ability to recall offspring at anytime, so those people had better be careful. The radical environmentalists were there in their bright orange jumpsuits, probably made of man-made fibers and dye tested on animals. Soon the room filled to standing only, becoming about 90 degrees in the gym even though it was -5 outside.

The biggest surprise to me was once the crowd was at capacity, out came the signs. Now, you would expect the standard roadside campaign signs. I’m not talking about that type of finished, sign shop perfect ones. I’m talking those wonderful hand painted signs. "Fence sitters for Clark", "Independents for Clark", "Students for Clark"…"Dummies who can’t make their own signs cause we’re too lazy for Clark", with a big arrow pointing towards these guys. Sorry, that was the one I wanted to make. All those signs were made by, handed out by and collected afterward by Clark volunteers. What I mean is, they are the PROPERTY of the Clark campaign. So now when you see a Clark rally, see if you can spot the same signs over and over again. Amazing, after going to dozens of these rallies for different campaigns I thought I’d seen it all. Nope.
I actually think that's an oldie but a goodie.