Wednesday, February 12, 2003

Yet Another Sequel Alert!
First, al-Jazeera had an audio tape that was supposedly from our old pal Osama. Now Reuters is reporting Bin Laden Predicts 'Martyrdom' in New Tape:
LONDON (Reuters) - A British-based Islamic news agency said Wednesday it had a new tape recording of Osama bin Laden in which the Saudi militant allegedly predicts his own death this year in an unspecified act of "martyrdom."

The Ansaar news agency said it bought the recording, which it likened to bin Laden's last will and testament and said was freshly recorded, from an unidentified man through the Internet.

"Indeed surely this year will I lead my steed and hurl it, and my soul, at one of the targets ... and I become a martyr," Imran Khan, who runs Ansaar in the Midlands city of Birmingham, translated the tape as saying.

His claim could not be independently verified.
I wonder if the person he bought it from was in Nigeria?
Khan said the new Ansaar tape also claims a war on Iraq is a precursor to an invasion of Saudi Arabia.

Ansaar, which would not divulge more details of the recording, is offering the tape for sale.

"I'm open to offers... I had one of 20,000 ($32,310)," Khan said.
Dang! Ole Imran's from Nigeria!

Hmm, I wonder if I could cobble up a tape to sell on eBay? I already know where to go for the cover art:

How about a dirt nap?

I'm still voting that Osama is having a nice Afghan dirt nap.