Sunday, March 23, 2003

I hope the troops brought enough rope

U.S. Military Names Suspect in Kuwait Attack
The U.S. soldier suspected of the grenade attack on fellow soldiers in Kuwait this weekend has been identified as Army Sgt. Asan Akbar, a military spokesman said on Sunday.

U.S. Defeats Iraqis Near Southern City
Brig. Gen. Vincent Brooks said about 10 Marines were killed in a faked surrender by Iraqi forces outside of An Nasiriyah. The Marines came under fire while preparing to accept what appeared to be surrendering Iraqis.

Al Jazeera Showing Captured US Troops
The fellow, I believe it was Sgt Reilly, was at first laying down, injured, there was blood on his shirt, his pants were unbuttoned, and he was holding his stomach. He didn´t want to speak, but the person from Iraqi news, lifted him up into a speaking position - okay, he basically forced him to speak, putting his hand on the fellows head, and then lifting him into a sitting position. Certainly not the type of journalist behaviour that one would expect, which make me think that this "journalist" might have been military and demanding that the fellow speak.
...
Fox News says that it appeared they were executed with shots to the head, but to tell you the truth I didn´t catch that. I believe, that´s because I was just so horrified by what I was seeing.

UPDATE: They´re reshowing the morgue scene - it´s totally disgusting, American soldiers laying on the ground, at least 10 that I could count, and indeed with shots to the head!

I hear there's lots of empty lamp posts in Baghdad and Hell isn't even half full.