Friday, June 25, 2004

"Just like old times with Bill and Al"

Wesley Pruden has some fun with our national reprobates:
Bill Clinton and Al ("I am Gorrrrrrre, hear me rooooaaaarrr") Gore are back, and it's just like old times.

Bill is wistful and a little forgetful, waving an ominous cigar and reminiscing about his women, at least the ones he recalls. Al is just a guy in from the street and off his meds.
Damn! I hate reruns!

I did like one of Big Weird Al's lines though:
Gore also accused the Bush administration of working closely "with a network of 'rapid response' digital Brown Shirts" who try to pressure reporters and editors who criticize the administration, intimidating them with accusations that they are "undermining support for our troops."
Hmm, I wonder if I qualify? My shirt is plaid and I'm slowing up a bit, but cynically undermining our troops in the war with terrorists for petty political gain seems like a pretty bad thing to me, so I'll continue to call 'em like I see 'em. Pop over to Power Line for a trip down memory lane to when Big Weird Al wasn't so pally with Saddam and the terrorists. Why the big change, Al?