Thursday, October 17, 2002

Pond Scum
The NY Post disgusts with US Traitor Proud She's Cuban Spy:
A U.S. intelligence analyst yesterday defended spying for Cuban President Fidel Castro, as she was sentenced to 25 years in prison.

"Our government's policy toward Cuba is cruel and unfair, profoundly unneighborly, and I felt morally obligated to help the island defend itself from our efforts to impose our values and our political system on it," Ana Belen Montes told a federal judge.

"I obeyed my conscience rather than the law . . . I can only say that I did what I thought right to counter a grave injustice."

Montes, 46, spied for Cuba for 16 years while she was an analyst for the Defense Intelligence Agency in Washington.
Maybe she'll get shot while trying to escape.

"OK Ana, you get 30 steps before we start shooting. That's right neighborly, don't you think?"