Saturday, October 19, 2002

Talk Radio
For a variety of reasons, I am not a fan of talk radio. However, several times this week I found myself in the car when a local station was airing the Laura Ingraham show.

I've admired Laura since her 80's Dartmouth Review expose' of a leftist music professor's political rants in class. Sounds like small beer, right? Well, in the way of all modern American campuses, it turned into a big deal. She went on to throroughly irritate the port siders as editor of the Dartmouth Review, Reagan speech writer, and in various broadcast journalism roles.

If you like hammer and tongs idiotarian smiting, give it a try - it will usually make you smile. Here's a long Real Audio program clip inspired by a Bobby Byrd rant over a break in the pork flow from the delayed Homeland Security bill. Which reminds me, did you know that the King of Pork has a radio telescope named after him?