Thursday, February 10, 2005

Eason says he's an inarticulate goof

Tin foil beanie boy Eason Jordan sort of speaks:
CNN said that Jordan was responding to a comment made by another panelist that journalists killed in Iraq were collateral damage. He had intended to draw a distinction between reporters killed because they happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time when a bomb fell, for example, and those killed because someone mistook them for the enemy, CNN spokeswoman Christa Robinson said on Thursday.

However, Jordan did a poor job saying so, she said. He deeply regrets that he left the wrong impression, she said.

Jordan would not speak about the issue to The Associated Press, but issued a statement: "I never in my life thought or meant to suggest that the military was trying to deliberately kill journalists."
...
"I don't know how much more clear we can be," Robinson said. "I think the story should be moot when you read in the first accounts that he made the misstatement and he cleared it up."
No word on how come he's been making this same misstatement for years.

This is actually kind of cool - let me try it. Eason Jordan is a lying crapsack. No, wait, I really meant rose petals drop from his lips. I deeply regret leaving the wrong impression. Sounds good to me!

Ole Eason's real easy with this "explanation" because
CNN said, however, that it had no such transcript and, although a videotape reportedly exists of the conference, the meetings were held under rules forbidding participants from being quoted directly.
No Wankers Gone Wild videos?