Monday, September 08, 2003

Country hijinks alert!
P.J. O'Rourke in Forbes - Diary of a Country Gentleman, Part IV: Long on advice, short on gratitude, the French lead a coalition of kvetching in New Hampshire:
I've never told this to anyone before, but my wife has French blood. She's lived in the U.S. since she was eight, so she's recovering. But her sister, Françoise, who went to the Sorbonne and married her professor of Pre-Deconstructionist Literary Criticism, is not expected to survive.
That's OK, P.J. Those things happen even in the best of families.
Especially not if my neighbors in Quaintford, New Hampshire, get their hands on her.
Ruh Oh!
My wife is also ready to kill her sister. Françoise makes a lot of comments about my wife's clothes.

Françoise: "Those boots, the heel is too flat. They do not flatter your calves. The boots lack a certain chic."

My wife: "I'm hosing out the barn."
Much more by following the link, including P.J.'s hunting dog, "Barbie," and fine French cuisine.