Thursday, July 08, 2004

Tracking the Moonbats

Damian Penny has the goods on a couple of prime specimens, although I suppose that in my usual taxonomy, they're delusional pond scum. First, Matthew Parris:
The Spectator has hit rock bottom. (I believe I expressed similar thoughts when they printed an article titled "Iraqis were better off under Saddam," but I mean it this time.) After returning from Russia, Matthew Parris praises the "hope and decency of Soviet communism".
Follow the link for much more on Matt's epiphany, but I liked his great insight about St. Petersburg:
Tsar Peter the Great, whose vision and creation this city is, would not have been a neocon.
Hopefully Matt's not planning a career in rocket science. But if you really want to plumb the depths, there's Helen Caldicott who apparently never met a old fashioned, Stalin-Brezhnev style Commie she didn't like.