Saturday, June 07, 2003

Today's Hoot!
Al Batt remembers Skinny Dipping in The Country Today:
"There is no one else around," said Deputy Doug in a pleading sort of a way.

"Yeah? Well, I can't help you. What do you need help for anyway?"

"I need a witness. There are three young women a few years older than you, skinny dipping down by the beach. I need you to be a witness to my proper behavior while I arrest them. We need to nip this kind of activity in the bud!"

"Young women skinny dipping? Well, why didn't you say it was a national emergency?" I said while hanging the "Closed" sign on the door. "Let's get going before those criminals are able to make their escape."

I ran to Deputy Doug's old pickup and honked the horn to encourage him to hurry.

"Come on, come on!" I begged. "We can't let those scofflaws get away with this."

We drove to the beach. Deputy Doug was nearly hyperventilating. We got out of the truck and walked toward the three young women swimming in their birthday suits.

"Get out of that water right now so I can arrest you!" hollered Deputy Doug in a statement severely lacking in tact. He was sorely lacking in the area of people skills. The women responded with cries of derision.

I watched the proceedings intently, looking for clues.
The full story by following the link.