Monday, May 05, 2003

More UK vigilantes!
So was it eggs or stones or both? Ananova reports that it was stones, er, objects including eggs:
Anti-war MP George Galloway claims he was pelted with stones when he spoke at a May Day rally.

The Glasgow Kelvin MP was speaking at a workers' festival in Wallasey, Merseyside, to a crowd of around 200 supporters.

When he began his speech, a shaven-headed man threw three objects including eggs and shouted: "You are up Saddam's a...."
...
The egg thrower was arrested by police to prevent a breach of the peace.
Follow the link for candid snaps.

But Sky News has another Georgie explanation:
"I was not pelted. Two known members of the far-right BNP threw a couple of eggs at me but because I am a Scotsman and they are far-right activists I managed to avoid them," he said.
Makes about as much sense as the rest of Georgie's patter. I wonder how much he paid the yobs?