Thursday, May 08, 2003

Maggie has issues!
Right-Thinking from the Left Coast alerts us to a remarkable spew from Magaret Drabble in the Telegraph. Here's a brief excerpt:
My anti-Americanism has become almost uncontrollable. It has possessed me, like a disease. It rises up in my throat like acid reflux, that fashionable American sickness. I now loathe the United States and what it has done to Iraq and the rest of the helpless world.
There's much more in a similar vein with some special rancor for the troops who paint names and shark's teeth on their vehicles. Apparently Maggie is really, really, really upset that the coalition forces kicked some Islamofascist butt.

Aside from wondering how Maggie came to lose her medications, I was mostly puzzled as to who the hell Margaret Drabble was. A little Googling produced the fact that she's an author and that:
Lonely pregnancies, jealous sisters, fears of physicality, and loss of identity are Margaret Drabble's specialties.
Well I'll be gobsmacked - all of the literati down at the store had completely overlooked this paragon!

And will continue to do so.