Tuesday, November 08, 2005

You've got the point, fellas

From Davids Medienkritik, a transcript of a Donald Rumsfeld interview with Speigel:
Rumsfeld: (...) Everyone wants to have the Iranians as part of the world community, but they aren't yet. Therefore there's less predictability and more danger.

SPIEGEL: The US is trying to make the case in the United Nations Security Council.

Rumsfeld: I would not say that. I thought France, Germany and the UK were working on that problem.

SPIEGEL: What kind of sanctions are we talking about?

Rumsfeld: I'm not talking about sanctions. I thought you, and the U.K. and France were.

SPIEGEL: You aren't?

Rumsfeld: I'm not talking about sanctions. You've got the lead. Well, lead! (emphasis added)
This will send chills through the spines of Germany's diplomats!
Just keep singing Kumbaya past the burnt cars.