Wednesday, September 24, 2003

To know Wes is not to love him
(Via FR) Joan Garvin of The Los Altos (CA) Town Crier reports on a speech by the retired former Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, Gen. Hugh Shelton:
His review of that historic event and his 38 years in the military kept the audience's rapt attention throughout. But it was his answer to a question from the audience at the end that shocked his listeners.

"What do you think of General Wesley Clark and would you support him as a presidential candidate," was the question put to him by moderator Dick Henning, assuming that all military men stood in support of each other. General Shelton took a drink of water and Henning said, "I noticed you took a drink on that one!"

"That question makes me wish it were vodka," said Shelton. "I've known Wes for a long time. I will tell you the reason he came out of Europe early had to do with integrity and character issues, things that are very near and dear to my heart. I'm not going to say whether I'm a Republican or a Democrat. I'll just say Wes won't get my vote."
I'd say the issue is that Weasley has no character, but Gen. Shelton was being polite.