Monday, April 23, 2007

Who let the crazy bimbos in?

When Barbra Streisand isn't in the room, it's sort of a tough choice as to who's the dumbest ecoweenie in show biz, but two prime contenders have to be Sheryl Crow and Laurie David. Last week they took their act to the White House Correspondents Dinner and tried to mug Karl Rove who thankfully delivered the requisite spanking. They really look like they rode their bicycles over don't they?

Laurie David and Sheryl Crow, the Global Warming airheads

I don't know about you, but I sure think it's swell that a couple of high maintenance bimbos like these two are touring the country telling folks that using only one sheet of toilet paper and wiping their mouths on their sleeves during dinner will prevent global warming. Aside from the novelty of their bizarre nostrums, there's a lot of unintended humor as well:

David (4/20, Charlottesville): Sheryl couldn't be with me tonight because of a previous commitment [Crow traveled to New York for a show that wasn't part of the tour] but luckily rock stars have rock star friends

I guess it makes sense to her and I'm sure ole Sheryl rode her bicycle up to New York and back. Lear jet anyone? Continuing for the best part:

Tonight, I spoke outside the gorgeous Charlottesville pavilion, in front of a couple of thousand slightly inebriated college men (there to see the wonderful Robert Randolph and the Family Band) who were forced to sit through the opening act . . . me. Truly, it was one of the most challenging 20 minutes of my life. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw guys yawning, I heard kids saying "where's the music?" and I think I heard the "b" word. I rushed through the speech and when I walked off the stage I immediately burst into tears. Not because I took anything personally but because it was so clear how much work is still to be done. Tonight served as a stark reminder that social change is a journey and I learned tonight that not every stop is going to be easy.

Don't let the door hit your unwiped global warmer on the way out, biatch.