Friday, January 07, 2005

Nothing like a Senator with principles!

Sen. Boxer Quits 'Flawed' Political System
Just minutes after failing to halt the certification of President Bush's electoral victory, Sen. Barbara Boxer, D-CA, announced her resignation from the Senate today, saying she is "wracked with doubt" about the precise margin of her own victory in November.

While the official vote count showed that Mrs. Boxer trounced Republican Bill Jones by nearly 2.4 million votes, she said today that if even one voter was disenfranchised in California, then her "election is tainted and American troops in Iraq are dying in vain."

"I feel dirty," she said at a hastily-called news conference. "I'm leaving the senate so I can sleep at night and face myself in the mirror. If I stayed, I would be no better than George W. Bush."
Don't get too excited, it's ScrappleFace.

Good ole "rail accident" Babs. By the way, do you remember Babs marrying off her daughter to Hillary Clinton's brother, Tony Rodham? Not the fat, pardon-selling brother; the carousing brother. I guess that makes her Bubba's aunt-in-law or something. One big dysfunctional family.