Sunday, June 08, 2003

Celebrity Endorsement Alert!
While enjoying the Enemy of the Week column at the American Prowler, I was stunned by their final selection:
Thus we have Mr. Woody Allen accepting French currency that might have helped a worthy Baathist escape free Iraq. According to an ABC report, the French Government Tourist Office has hired Allen to combat American francophobia. So we get the following spot from Allen, whose fame now rests on his marriage to a young woman long presumed to be his adopted daughter. "I don't want to freedom kiss my wife. I want to French kiss her," Woody boasts. France can always spot a winner. But so can we, EOW speaking. How appropriate!
Or as Rush & Molloy describe it in the NY Daily News:
France has announced four unlikely new ambassadors to the U.S.: Woody Allen, Wynton Marsalis, George Plimpton and Robert De Niro.

The four Francophiles are all in a new short film promoting American tourism to the land of the fragrant fromage.

France is trying to heal the Atlantic rift created over its opposition to the U.S. invasion of Iraq.

In the ad, called "Let's Fall In Love Again," Allen says, "I don't want to have to refer to my french-fry potatoes as 'freedom fries,' and I don't want to have to 'freedom kiss' my wife, when I really want to French kiss her."

Lucky Soon-Yi.
Woody apparently doesn't know when to STFU.