Monday, December 16, 2002

We won't have Prince Al to kick around anymore!
Former vice president Al Gore, who won the popular vote but lost the presidency in 2000, announced last night that he will not seek the White House in 2004, saying that another race against President Bush would not be "the right thing for me to do."

"I've decided that I will not be a candidate," Gore said in an interview on the CBS News program "60 Minutes." "I personally have the energy and the drive and the ambition to make another campaign." But he added that a rematch against Bush "would inevitably involve a focus on the past that would in some measure distract from the focus on the future that I think all campaigns have to be about."
Say what?

But of course, we will have Albert to kick around, because you know he's not going to retire to chinchilla ranching and snogging with Tipper. Standby for the even more annoying sequel to Jimmy Carter.