Monday, September 30, 2002

Da Torch Forfeits ... But He Doesn't Know It Yet
New Jersey Senator Robert Torricelli ("the best Senator money can buy") just finished a long whiney public rant whose point apparently was the ole bait and switch. Here's a synopsis.
I'm really an incredibly swell guy.

I'm way behind in the polls.

Everybody thinks I'm a crook (they're so unforgiving!).

I can't talk about my issues.

And because I am so screwed, the Democrat party might lose control of the Senate.

My pals in the party, including Bubba Clinton, tell me I have to go.

Therefore, I'm going to stand aside. The Democrat party has already petitioned the NJ State Supreme Court to ignore the law that says it's too late to substitute somebody else's name for mine on the November election ballot.

I don't know whose name that is because we haven't found anybody yet who's stupid enough to volunteer to replace me in the election.
Aside from various court wranglings where the "bait and switch" will be debated, the next act of this farce will likely be played out inside of 30 days before the election, when Da Torch can resign his seat (undoubtedly blaming the Republicans) and the Democrat Governor of New Jersey can appoint a temporary replacement until a new election can be held in 2003 or 2004.

It's really hard to differentiate all the disgusting vermin in this soap opera, but they are all members of the Democrat party.