Friday, December 02, 2005

What's next? David Duke TV?

I mean if you've seen one racist, you've seen 'em all, so this looks rather foreboding - Al Sharpton wants his own sitcom:
He has led civil rights marches, scolded the nation's leaders and even run for president, but the Rev. Al Sharpton now wants to do something completely different -- star in his own television sitcom.

Sharpton, in an interview with Reuters on Friday, confirmed a report in Daily Variety that he would soon be filming a pilot for a family show called "Al in the Family" that would revolve around his larger-than-life personality.

"I don't know if I am a good actor or not but I will be playing myself and I have been practicing that for 51 years," the New York Democrat and civil rights leader said.
And he's been doing a really lucrative job of mau-mauing the limousine liberals in the Democrat party. Which reminds me - did you notice that the first paragraph is missing a few things from Al's resume. Just an oversight I'm sure.
A pilot episode for a series would be produced early next year by Paramount Network Television for CBS. Both are units of Viacom Inc.
Glad to see it's still the "Tiffany network." Maybe Dan Rather can stop by for a few laughs or Tawana Brawley can demonstrate the application of dog poop body wash.