Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Fun at Summer Camp!

Less of Moore:
THERE may soon be less of Michael Moore. The portly propagandist is doing a stint at the Pritikin Longevity Center & Spa in Aventura, Fla. also known as the "fat farm for the rich." Moore is learning how to cook healthy meals and exercise and attending classes on "life re-education."
Mikey's probably real easy with re-education camps. Anyhow, in an exclusive, IowaHawk has Mikey's letters home! See Hello Blubbuh, Hello Flabbah for all the juicy details, but here's a selection:
First, the Pritkin Center is not some cushy "spa" for overweight corporate war profiteers. Think of It as an elite guerilla training center.
...
Cindy also told me not to worry about the $3800 per week training fee. "That's hardly a fraction of what the chickenhawks spent training Casey to die for the Zionist war," she noted. I am humbly dedicating my stay here to Cindy and Casey, and I vow to emerge a slimmer, stronger, more attractive agitator for Truth. See you in a week!
...
There is something very strange going on here. My alarm clock went off at SEVEN FREAKING A.M. this morning, even though I gave the staff strict instructions that I was not to be disturbed before 10:30. The so-called "counselor," Sergio, began barking orders, like a bad cariacture of Curtis LeMay, and forced us down the hallway in an Orwellian march to the dining hall. And I use the term "dining" very loosely. "Breakfast" here apparently means grapefruit and bran flakes, without a single union-made pastry or sausage link to be found.
...
You and I have stood strong against Ashcroft's PATRIOT act and it chilling impact on our liberties. This morning I learned just how fragile those liberties can be. During breakfast weigh-in, Sergio suddenly stopped me -- without probable cause, without so much as a warrant -- and forced me to empty my pockets on a dining hall table. Without even the most basic judicial review or appeal process, he embargoed 6 of my Snickers energy bars, even after I explained I needed the quick energy boost for AM calistenics. Dude, where is my country?
Much more by following the link.