Friday, June 18, 2004

Break out the party hats! It's time for the Bubba MeFest!

Big media is holding a hoedown for Bubba's book this weekend and we're all invited! I'm afraid that I have a previous commitment, but I'm sure they'll do it up right. I also lack both the time and energy to blog extensively on the reappearance of the usual suspects, crawling out from under their rocks towards the limelight. But one of Bubba's comments in the preliminaries struck my fancy:
"When the Berlin Wall fell, the perpetual right in America, which always needs an enemy, didn't have an enemy anymore. So I had to serve as the next best thing."

Still, Clinton was conciliatory. "I don't think we have to say they're bad people. We have to say we think we're right and they're wrong and here's why. It's a very different argument.

"I never had any money till I left the White House and they were pretty mean to me, and then all of a sudden I became the most important person in the world to them once I got a little money."
Yup, now that Bubba has the big bucks, I don't care that he was an incompetent buffoon! He's the most important person in the world! No more mean comments from moi!

I'm sure the psychiatrists have a name for Bubba's problem. And for all the other problems in the Bubba collection.