Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Holiday spirit alert!

Iowahawk provides excerpts from the new CBS Holiday Classic - It's a Dan-derful Life:
Clarence shows Dan what the world would be like without him. No longer Black Rock Falls, the town has become Bloggersville – a vulgar parade of sleazy conservative websites, FoxNews billboards, and talk radio. They stop in at Le Circe. Once a friendly watering hole for network journalists, it is rougher, seedier.

DAN: I’ll have my regular table, Jean-Claude.

JEAN-CLAUDE: Do I know you, sir?

DAN: Why, it’s me, Jean-Claude – Dan, Dan Rather!

CLARENCE: He can’t know you, Dan. Don’t you remember? You’ve never been born.

DAN: Is this some sort of joke, doggone it? It’s me, I tell ya! Turn on the TV, it’s 10 PM Wednesday! I’m on CBS!

Jean-Claude turns on the bar TV.

TV VOICE: Welcome to 60 Minutes II. I’m your host, Rush Limbaugh.

DAN: Aaaaaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!!
Hmmm, that's not quite how I remember the story! Much more by following the link.