Sunday, October 17, 2004

More poseur photo-op fun too!

Lurch's Ohio "supporters" gave him another shotgun, but this time they got it right - it's not the type he voted to ban, like the last time. On the other hand, it's undoubtedly stashed in someone else's closet just like the last one.



Then since he was on a roll, the Lurchster dropped by a local grocery store to buy an Ohio hunting license. Hey, maybe he's going to take time out from the campaign to get his "16 point" buck!



Hmmm, go for it, Lurch! That would be the ultimate photo-op and you've got just the vehicle to take it home to the little lady!



Once again, I'll quote Stop the Bleating:
John Kerry, I dare you to produce a hunting license with your name on it, dated 2003 or earlier, from any state. I'll even settle for a photo of you standing over a deer carcass with a gun in your hand, smiling. But forgive me if I don't hold my breath.
It's not that Lurch lies, it's that he does it so often and so badly.

UPDATE: Bummer - it's going to be another bird busting photo-op! From the Columbus (Ohio) Dispatch:
In Buchanan, a tiny Pike County village, Kerry stopped at the Village Grocery and asked owners Paul and Debra McKnight, "Can I get me a hunting license here?"
Puhleeze!
He plunked down $140 in cash for a nonresident Ohio hunting license so he can go duck hunting in the Mahoning Valley when he returns to the state Thursday.
I guess the base is less chagrined by him blasting Daffy and Donald than Bambi. It'll sure be interesting to see how many photographers he can fit into a duck blind at the crack of dawn.
At the Wakefield rally, Kerry was given a 12-gauge shotgun and told the crowd he would "balance the rights and responsibilities" of gun owners.
Translation: "If I'm elected, they're screwed!"