Thursday, October 02, 2003

Weasley's not just an empty brass hat
Let's tune in as he shows up to smooch Gray Davis:
Democratic presidential candidate Wesley Clark hailed Gov. Gray Davis as "a real-life action hero" ...
I must have missed the movie. Or maybe it was just a comic book.
"I'm here to support the efforts of Californians to retain the highest standards of democracy," Clark told the Hollywood crowd.
Surely he jests.
"I spent three years helping Eastern Europe achieve democracy," Clark said. "I can't tell you how awful it was to see people trying to count ballots in Florida, being intimidated by an angry mob, gesticulating and pounding on the windows and shaking their fists. That's not American democracy."
Nope, the brass hat is an ass hat.

But not just Davis' fans got the benefit of Weasley's WisdomTM:
Unlike most of the big-name Democrats campaigning for Davis, Clark also made an appearance on behalf of Lt. Gov. Cruz Bustamante
...
Appearing later with Bustamante in Century City, Clark repeated that he regards the recall as an abuse of the democratic process.
I'd say the progressives of the early 20th century had these leeches pegged.
"I also believe in something that I learned in the military, which is contingency planning or parallel-track planning," Clark said. "And I believe that every Californian that votes no on the recall also ought to vote on Cruz Bustamante."
That West Point education comes through!

But he's not an empty brass hat - he's full of more crap than a Christmas goose.