Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Check out the abandoned shopping carts from Saturday's EBT outage

EBT (the generic name for USA's welfare credit card system) had some technology problems in a number of states on Saturday and the undeserving poor were mighty upset. The best part for me however were the photos posted on Instagram of the abandoned shopping carts.


No rice & beans or ramen noodles for this crowd! My first reaction was that I can see why the USA has the fattest poor people in the world, but a friend says I am out of date. These shoppers loading up on meat and Jimmy Dean Croissants are reselling the loot to cheap restaurants, bodegas and convenience stores for cash so that they can buy some really fun stuff. It certainly gives me a warm feeling to know that our taxes are so well spent.