Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Line forms on the left

Via The Corner, an update on artiste angst:
Nashville-based singer-songwriter Nanci Griffith is taking a more personal approach in her opposition to the administration of her fellow native Texan:

''I've made a conscious decision in my life that if Kerry does not win in November, I'm leaving this country in January,'' Griffith said. ''It hasn't been an easy decision to make, because I love my country. But I think that if we have another four years of George W. Bush, we won't have a democracy.''
Ah, the penetrating intelligence and heightened sensitivity of the true artiste! The only problem is that I've never heard of "Nanci." A minor bit of Googling reveals her web site and this:
Nanci Reinvests In America

The Reverend Jesse Jackson will host a very special Labor Day rally and concert in Charleston, WV to focus the region's attention on the issues that most affect working men and women: jobs, healthcare and education. Nanci will perform a very rare solo-acoustic set.
Yum! Plenty of Kool-Aid to go around!

Which reminds me. Anyone seen Alec Baldwin lately? Ah, there he is!