Tuesday, May 04, 2004

No matter how much you towel him off, John Kerry is still pond scum

Thanks be to Allah for reminding me that Lurch has trotted out some fancy new campaign ads that tell what a huge honking hero he was in his drive-by tour of Vietnam. Strangely, he doesn't mention what happened after he bugged out early.

But that's OK, John O'Neill fills us in via the WSJ in Unfit for Office:
Like John Kerry, I served in Vietnam as a Swift Boat commander. Ironically, John Kerry and I served much of our time, a full 12 months in my case and a controversial four months in his, commanding the exact same six-man boat, PCF-94, which I took over after he requested early departure. Despite our shared experience, I still believe what I believed 33 years ago--that John Kerry slandered America's military by inventing or repeating grossly exaggerated claims of atrocities and war crimes in order to advance his own political career as an antiwar activist. His misrepresentations played a significant role in creating the negative and false image of Vietnam vets that has persisted for over three decades.
...
John Kerry's recent admissions caused me to realize that I was most likely in Vietnam dodging enemy rockets on the very day he met in Paris with Madame Binh, the representative of the Viet Cong to the Paris Peace Conference. John Kerry returned to the U.S. to become a national spokesperson for the Vietnam Veterans Against the War, a radical fringe of the antiwar movement, an organization set upon propagating the myth of war crimes through demonstrably false assertions. Who was the last American POW to die languishing in a North Vietnamese prison forced to listen to the recorded voice of John Kerry disgracing their service by his dishonest testimony before the Senate?
I'd also ask who was the last American POW to die languishing in a North Vietnamese prison thanks to John Kerry.