Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Uncoordinated Whine Alert!

Democrats' response: Text of comments by Rep. Nancy Pelosi, Sen. Tom Daschle
Pelosi:

Forty-three years ago today, as a college student standing in the freezing cold outside this Capitol building, I heard President Kennedy issue this challenge in his inaugural address: "My fellow citizens of the world," he said, "ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man."


Daschle:

For the last couple of weeks, I've been traveling through my home state of South Dakota, visiting the people and small towns that are America's backbone. And the folks I met were asking something, too: "What about us?"
Perhaps a little message synchronization is in order?

UPDATE: Edited to correct a grievous error on my part that was flagged by John in the comments. Yes, Nancy has the quote correct.