Tuesday, September 24, 2002

Blast From The Past
On May 23, 2000, who said:
"The classic challenges of war and peace extend beyond Israel's immediate neighborhood, to Iraq and Iran. " In 1991, I broke with many in my own party, and voted to use force to stop Saddam Hussein's aggression in the Middle East.

Despite our swift victory and all our efforts since, there is no doubt in my mind that Saddam Hussein still seeks to amass weapons of mass destruction. "You know as well as I do: as long as Saddam Hussein stays in power, there can be no comprehensive peace for the people of Israel, or the people of the Middle East.

"We have made it clear that it is our policy to see Saddam Hussein gone. We have sought coalitions of opponents to challenge his power from within or without. I have met with the Iraqi resistance, and I have invited them to meet with me again next month ? when I will encourage them to further unite in their efforts against Saddam.

"We have maintained sanctions in the face of rising criticism, while improving the oil-to-food program to help the Iraqi people directly. We have used force when necessary. And we will not let up in our efforts to free Iraq from Saddam?s rule. Should he think of challenging us, I would strongly advise against it. As a Senator, I voted for the use of force.

As Vice President, I supported the use of force. And if entrusted with the Presidency, my resolve will never waver."
Yup, it was the Goron.

Maybe going off the steroids changed his mind.