Tuesday, December 23, 2003

I wondered what rock Danny had crawled under

Danny Glover to Appear in Kucinich Ads
In one ad appealing to young voters, Glover says: "If pre-emptive war continues to drive our foreign policy, if our volunteer troops are stretched thinner and thinner, you could be facing compulsory draft. All young Americans deserve a would (sic) without end — not a war without end."

Kucinich is the only image in the ad. As the camera focuses in on Kucinich's eyes, Glover says, "The eyes that see through the lies."
Thanks Danny! Who knew?
zzzzz

Silly me, I thought those were the eyes that scan the skies ... for his saucer.

But here's an odd note from Kuku's web site where the ads are front page news:
To: All Kucinich Supporters
From: George Lois, New York Adman


In October, The New York Times asked nine leading designers to create a visual statement for one of the Democratic Presidential Candidates. We were not allowed to select the candidate of our choice. When Gail Collins, the editor of the Time's editorial page, informed me that I had drawn Dennis Kucinich, the mighty-might (sic) from Cleveland, Ohio, I marveled at my luck. My wife and I had studied each of the candidates during the debates and Kucinich's message, plans, mind and heart continually surprised us and totally won us over.
...
My poster was featured in the Times Magazine section on November 30 sporting the headline "The Eyes That See Through The Lies." This is a bold statement that Kucinich was running against a bunch of candidates who had allowed themselves to be conned and/or Bushwhacked into a future of unending pre-emptive, un-American wars that are jeopardizing our economy, our Democratic way of life, the future of our youth, and indeed, the future of our planet.

Responding to my poster, Congressman Kucinich called me from Iowa and asked me to create his ad campaign. When the man who I believe is the one candidate that can inspire the world once more thanked me - I thanked him for being there when America needs him.
Sounds like ole George has been been hitting the Kool-Aid jug. But it sure is nice of the NY Times to help out the Donk candidates like that.